Monday, June 8, 2009

Color Studies

My injured sister has been getting tons of flowers lately. Flowers are beautiful, but hard to draw. After messing up a little the colors in my first attempt, I forced my self to do some color studies and pay attention to the different shadows, hues, values, etc. Still trying to get better at watercolors, and I also experimented a little with pastels. I noticed that as I kept going I started to get a little bit more the idea of how to use the different mediums. Gotta do more studies to get better!



3 comments:

Freddy Carrasco said...

nice apple and pears
it looks like something you'd see in an art gallery cuz of the composition.

keep it up homes!

Julian Raigoza said...

hey pretty girl....
Good job with the apples and pears... keep it up
we have to go sketching again !! : )

Doug said...

you sure do love your colors ^^